POA task to create mailbox or Public Folder on Exchange 2010 server fails with the following error message:
The maximum number of sessions for the current user has been reached'
It is known issue with Exchange 2010, in order to fix it set the Maximum Allowed Sessions Per User on the Exchange server:
- Start Registry Editor.
- Locate, and then click to select the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services|MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem
If the key 'Maximum Allowed Sessions Per User' does not exist, do the following:
- On the 'Edit' menu, point to 'New', and then select DWORD value.
- Type 'Maximum Allowed Sessions Per User' as the entry names, and then press 'Enter'.
- Right-click 'Maximum Allowed Sessions Per User', and then click 'Modify'.
- Click 'Decimal', type the value that you want (set it to something high like 1000) to set in the 'Value' data box, and then click 'OK'.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service.
- Re-run the failed task in POA.