This KB describes a solution that should be applied before the following actions:
* Full Windows 2003 to Windows 2008 box migration.
* Moving accounts from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008 box.
You may experience the following problems during account migration:
- Dedicated application pools are migrated with incorrect settings.
- Web applications that were assigned to dedicated pools are reassigned to shared pools.
- Errors when moving an account that has sites hosted on dedicated IP addresses.
These problems are caused by the following:
- Information required for proper recreation of dedicated pools is not stored in the CP’s database.
- Dedicated pools assignment is lost when the asp_net resource is created for the web application.
- Dedicated IP address cannot be changed to itself.
Do the following before performing migration/account move:
1. Run the attached SQL script on the CP’s database and restart CP:
su - cpanel -c 'psql hsphere < /tmp/fix_runtimever.sql' && service httpdcp restart
2. Replace the DLL on target Windows 2008 box.
3. Stop the HSphere service.
4. Copy the attached DLL to <H-Sphere Installation>/bin/Resources.
5. Start the HSphere service.
The issue will be addressed in one of the upcoming product updates.