Affected versionsParallels Helm 4.1.0, 4.1.1https://kb.parallels.com/en/6347https://kb.odin.com/en/6347
SymptomsHelm creates sub domains on IIS7 without scripting settings . Scripts placed into the sub domain folder are not working.
WorkaroundOnly for Parallels Helm v.4.1.1 (Parallels Helm, Version 22.214.171.12473 )
1. Put "Helm4.1.1_SubdomainsFix.exe" patch file in the Helm4 folder (usually "C:\Program Files\Parallels\Helm4")
2. Stop all Helm services via (HelmConfigurationTool.exe) and stop IIS by typing in command prompt : > iisreset /stop
3. Execute "Helm4.1.1_SubdomainsFix.exe" patch and confirm overwrite files .
4. Restart IIS by typing in command prompt : > iisreset /restart
5. Start all Helm services via (HelmConfigurationTool.exe)
6. If you want to use Python , set in the IIS7 service provider Python Path:* like following :
c:\python24\python.exe "%s" "%s"
This workaround affects only sub domains which will be created after applying the patch. For existing sub domains scripting settings can be propagated by saving changes in scripting settings of the domain..
If you update Parallels Helm via HelmConfigurationTool.exe , you need perform this patch again .