SymptomsWhen I start a Virtual Machine migrated from Virtual Server 2005 R2 or Virtual PC, I am getting a BSOD like that below:
** STOP: 0x000000CE (0xF854857A,0x00000000,0xF854857A,0x00000000)
The Virtual Machine also cannot be booted in "Safe Mode" to stop the service "intelppm."
ResolutionPlease perform the steps below:
1. Attach the Windows Installation CD to the Virtual Machine.
2. Change the boot sequence for the Virtual Machine to boot from CD.
3. Start the Virtual Machine and click any key to boot from CD.
4. Send the F10 key to the Virtual Machine. In order to get to the Recovery Console, use the Parallels Desktop menu bar -> Actions -> Send Keys.
5. In the Recovery Console, type "1" and enter the administrator password.
6. Run the following command:
You will see the service's current status: SERVICE_DISABLED
7. Exit the Recovery Console by typing "exit."
8. The Virtual Machine will be restarted and Windows will boot properly.