SymptomsIn Microsoft Windows XP, after you remove a CD recording program or a DVD recording program, or after you remove a different program, you experience the following symptoms:
- You cannot access the CD drive or the DVD drive by using My Computer.
One of the following error messages appears when you view the CD drive or the DVD drive in Device Manager:
- The device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (Code 31).
- A driver for this device was not required, and has been disabled (Code 32 or Code 31).
- Your registry might be corrupted. (Code 19)
- You receive an "error code 39" error message.
A message that resembles the following appears in the notification area:
Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)
- Parallels Tools cannot be installed. There is no "D" drive in My Computer
The solution is described in the Microsoft KB article:Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media.
AdditionalInformationParallels Forum - Thread 15331 - CDs don't mount in 3.0 build 4560
Parallels Forum - Thread 15769 - Parallels tools won't install on mac os