If a VDS owner installed FP extension, created a sub domain and tries to access it through Front page, he might receive a permissions error that says he does not have permission to perform this operation.
He will also not be able to delete the sub domain through FrontPage.
The source of the problem is missing roles for the user.
In order to fix this problem for existing customers, mark all role checkboxes under user management.
This can be done with the following steps:
1) Enter the VDS Control Panel -> go to VA section under Web Development Tab.
2) Click on the link near the FP VA installation -> a new window will appear.
3) Enter the user name and password (Full UID - including the @), you can also use server administrator user name here. (In some cases the ISP will limit the VDS owner from accessing the user management page, and to change this you will have to give the server admin user and password).
4) Click on manage Users and the on this user.
5) Enable all user Role options and submit the form.
6) Reopen the Site in FP - this issue should be solved.
For future customers, you can change their settings in the XML file:
(THIS SHOULD BE DONE VERY CAREFULLY AND ONLY IF YOU ARE SURE OF HOW TO EDIT THE XML)
1) Backup %Sphera_Base%conf/manger.xml and edit the file.
2) Look for the keys_path="sphera\account_profiles\custom\account_template\plugins\web_development\available\MS_FrontPages2002"
And change the following parameters:
Please note that the defaults for 3.6 are:
Also note that the ISP can change these defaults according to their preferences (changing these defaults is described in the 3.6 installation guide)/
This will allow future users to have all the roles upon creation
*This issue was fixed in 3.65.