When I log into Helm, I can only get to certain pages. On other pages, I get an error relating to the page I'm currently on. For instance, on the Servers page the error is:
Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'
/interfaces/standard/servers.asp, line 22
The cause of this may be one of a couple of things.
1.) The main cause of an Invalid ProgID error is usually an issue with the components. Try rebuilding the Helm Components. To do this:
- Open the Helm Configuration Tool on the desktop
- Click the System Identity tab.
- Re-enter your HELM_ADMIN password twice
- Check the check box for Rebuild Helm COM+ Applications (Advanced).
This will give you a prompt to continue, and another prompt when it has completed. Once done, try and login to Helm and see if you still have the error.
2.) If that doesn't work, it may be that the actual Helm Control Panel website in IIS is having issues with the components. Try recreating the Helm Control Panel website.
Important Note:- This will delete the site from IIS completely and then recreate it. Once this happens, any SSL certificate on the site, or any custom host headers you have set up will be deleted. Please back up the certificate/settings before carrying out the following steps:
- Open the Helm Configuration Tool
- Click the Control Panel Website tab.
- Uncheck the box and click "Apply".
- Recheck the box and click "Apply".
Now try Helm and see if the errors have been resolved. If neither of the above steps work, contact your support provider.