Article ID: 3420, created on Nov 30, 2007, last review on Apr 30, 2014
H-Sphere windows software can be uninstalled from a windows server only manually. To do it:
1. In the directory disk]:\Hsphere\bin\, unregister the HSSVC and HsQuotas services by running the commands:
and removing the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Psoft key from the registry.
2. (This step is for owners of version 2.3.2 and higher) To remove the hsphere service, type in the command line:
/[WinDir]/ is a path to the directory where Windows is installed (usually C:\WINNT)
/[version]/ is a version of ASP.NET (v1.0.3705 or later)
/[\hsphere.net]/ is a path to the directory where HSphere.NET is located
3. Delete H-Sphere registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Psoft
4. Go to the IIS interface and perform one of the following two actions:
- If H-Sphere was set up on the default website, remove the CFG,
Urchin, Webshell and MS SQL virtual directories;
- If H-Sphere was set up on a separate website, remove the website.
5. Check in the component services on the H-Sphere website for /COM+/ applications /cfg/ and /cfg/net/. If you find them, make sure to remove them.
6. Re-map default FTP root to the IIS directory, usually
7. Remove the user that was created during the H-Sphere installation to administer H-Sphere (by default, it's user 'HSadmin').
8. Remove the H-Sphere directory, usually c:\hsphere and c:\hsphere.net.
Important: do not delete the directory if it contains any of the packages installed. If you want to uninstall H-Sphere, uninstall all H-Sphere packages first.