This document explains how to move the directory for user homes to a different location. This may be required, for instance, if you are replacing your hard drive with a bigger one.
Winbox supports only one directory for user homes, which means you can't add another directory for user homes to use alongside with the one you already have.
To change HSHOME directory:
- Add new HDD
- Create new HSHOME directory
- Copy all user content into the new HSHOME directory with Xcopy. For example, to copy from disk D: to disk F:, execute in the command prompt:
Xcopy d:\hshome f:\hshome /O/E
- Change the path to HSHOME directory in:
- Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Psoft\HSphere\HsServULayer\QuotaService\HomeDir
- Restart all H-Sphere services
- Link the new HDD to the old home dir location. This can be done with Sysinternals Junction or any other utility of this kind.
- Move quota entries for all accounts using the
For example, to move quote entries from disk D: to disk F:, execute in the command prompt:
QuotaMove.exe d:\ f:\