The H-Sphere Configuration File (hsphere.properties)
The H-Sphere configuration file should be located at ~cpanel/shiva/psoft_config/hsphere.properties
1) CP URL configuration - URL by which H-Sphere is called:
CP_HOST = cp.domain.com -- host name
CP_PORT = 8443 -- port
CP_PROTOCOL=https:// -- protocol
CP_URI = /psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.CP
- This is not the only place where those settings have to be altered.
- URI cannot be changed here at the moment.
- Make sure that DNS is properly configured if you want to change domain.
- Make sure to alter apache if you want to change domain and port.
2) Database settings (see the system dababase settings below)
3) Log file:
log4j.appender.A1.File=/var/log/hsphere/hsphere.log - location of the log file.
Control Panel Apache Server Configuration
CP Apache home directory is /hsphere/local/home/cpanel/apache.
All CP Apache server configurations are placed into the etc/jserv subdirectory of the Apache home directory: /hsphere/local/home/cpanel/apache/etc/jserv.
This directory also has its symlink: /hsphere/local/home/cpanel/apache/conf.
Control Panel Back-End Servlet Engine
Before version 2.4, Control Panel's back-end servlet container was Apache JServ. Starting from version 2.4, CP server uses Jakarta Tomcat servlet engine and is automatically installed with Tomcat embedded.
(outdated since v.2.4)
/hsphere/local/home/cpanel/apache/etc/jserv - JServ configuration directory. In this directory:
- jserv.conf - JServ configuration
- jserv.properties - JServ properties
- zone.properties - JServ zone file
(v.2.4 and up)
Starting with H-Sphere 2.4, Control Panel runs on Tomcat Apache servlet engine.
Read about Tomcat configuration in a separate document.