Adding Psoft Public Key
Positive Software has improved support policy of accessing customer CP servers. Therefore, before contacting support for help, please follow the below procedure:
- Download ssh public key (or copy it from the screen)
and put it as a new line at the bottom of the /root/.ssh/authorized_keys2 file on your CP server.
- The directory /root/.ssh must have 700 permissions and the authorized_keys2 file 600 permissions set.
- Do not overwrite other keys in the authorized_keys2 file!
- Make sure the key is inserted as one line!
- Contact support department with the issue. Please, provide only IP of your server, and don't specify passwords.
- Once issue is solved, you can remove this key from the authorized_keys2 file. Please check this key because it will be changed periodically!
If you want our techs to use sudo or su to gain root, install the key under the user that is remotely accessible, and provide exact instructions on gaining root.
Highly recommended: configure SSH to allow access only from known hosts. i.e: Psoft support hosts, your trusted hosts and subnets. Also this file should contain at least CP server IP (on a physical server in cluster). See an example of the /etc/hosts.allow file with predefined Psoft hosts. Replace the existing file on your server(s) with the one downloaded and add your data. Please edit it carefully!