Details: Please Note that this Hot fix is re-release of hotfix released by kb 1953
The hotfix enables you to upgrade SpamAssassin to version 3.0.x on Ensim Pro for Linux 4.0.3 servers running any of the following operating systems:
Product: Ensim Pro and Basic for Linux
Platform: SSH (Small Scale Hosting) only
Version:4.0.3 (Fedora Core 1, Fedora Core 2 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Date: March 16, 2005
Patch Description: This is a hotfix for a upgrading to SpamAssassin 3.0.x
Please note that those running up2date (on RHEL) and yum update (Fedora) should include SpamAssassin package in their skip list.
and download appropriate spamassassin rpm designed for your OS from http://dag.wieers.com/packages/spamassassin/
e.g. for FC1 : http://dag.wieers.com/packages/spamassassin/spamassassin-3.0.4-1.1.fc1.rf.i386.rpm
1. Update the SpamAssassin database.
2. Stop the SpamAssassin service.
service spamassassin stop
3. Download the Ensim Pro for Linux RPMs to a temporary directory,
for example, /root/spamupgrade_30x
4. Change to the directory created in step 3.
5. Upgrade the Ensim Pro for Linux RPMs.
rpm -Uvh *.rpm
Note: Do not upgrade the "perl-Net-DNS" rpm if the Ensim Pro for Linux server is running FC2.
6. Restart the SpamAssassin service.
service spamassassin restart
7. Run the Ensim Pro for Linux server through the maintenance mode.
8. Restart the Ensim Pro for Linux server.
service webppliance restart
9. Synchronize the database with SpamAssassin 3.0.x
If you have installed the above hotfix, you can check with the following Knowledge Base article for further issues: