After applying the .NET Service Pack, the ASP.NET State service is set to manual startup. Due to this you may recieve the following error while trying to connect to the control panel.
Server Error in '/admin' Application.
Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection
To rectify this issue, please follow the steps mentioned below :
1. Right click on My Computer->Manage.
2. In the Microsoft Management Console, click on Services and Applications->Services.
3. Right click on the ASP.NET state service, and select Properties.
4. Change the startup type to 'Automatic'.
5. Start the ASP.NET State service and close the Computer Management Console.
This is valid for both the SXC and standalone versions of Ensim Pro 4.0.0 for Windows