This issue happens with setup programs created using older versions of installshield. MYSQL setup program uses installsheild.
1. WWP 3.0 installation hangs forever
2. The last lines in c:\ensimwwpsetup.log shows that it has hung while
3. Task manager shows a NTVDM.EXE process and setup.exe is seen as a
subprocess inside this
4. The c:\mysqlfiles directory contains all the mysql setup files.
NOTE: Apply the following workaround *only if* all above conditions are met
1. Open up a *new* terminal service connection
2. Open up command shell.
3. Switch to c:\mysqlfiles directory
4. Run setup.exe /s -f1setup.iss
5. Wait for 2/3 minutes
6. Make sure setup.log is generated in c:\mysqlfiles
7. Open task manager and kill the NTVDM.EXE process (containing setup.exe as
After this, the hung WWP installation should proceed and get installed
without any issues.