WEBppliance 3.1.5-1 provides a security patch that resolves a buffer overflow error observed in PHP.
This patch requires WEBppliance 3.1.4 for Linux to be installed on your server.
NOTE: This patch will not install on any other version of WEBppliance for Linux, other then 3.1.4.
Major Features of WEBppliance 3.1.5
Patch provided for the following security issue :
1. Buffer overflow in PHP wordwrap function
Heap-based buffer overflow in the wordwrap function in PHP after 4.1.2 and
before 4.3.0 may allow attackers to cause a denial of service or execute arbitrary code.
Advisory details for the security patch are available at the following URL:
Installation instructions :
Download site: (be sure to download using BINARY mode)
To install the patch please follow the instructions below :
1. Download the file LS-3.1.5-1.tar.gz.
2. Uncompress the file:
tar -xvzf LS-3.1.5-1.tar.gz
3. Change the current directory to the directory where you have uncompressed the file:
4. Run the following command
# sh ./patch-install-3.1.5-1.sh
After checking that this is the LS installation for LWP 3.1.4, this install script would upgrade the required rpms (requires root access).
5. Restart http server using the following command:
# /sbin/service httpd restart
6. Restart WEBppliance using the following command:
# /sbin/service webppliance restart