WEBppliance backs up the following data on a daily basis through a cron job:
- Registry - HKLM\Ensim key
- MailMax database and index file
- mySQL system database
- IIS metabase
The first three are placed under ..\webppliance\backup\, For example: C:\webppliance\backup\6-13-2002\.
Here you will find:
(1) "regBackup.reg" which contains the registry snap shot of WEBppliance for Windows configurations. To restore, import this reg file.
(2) "exmail4.mdb" and "exmail4.ldb" are the MailMax databases and index files. These contain the mail server configurations. To restore, copy these files to C:\Program Files\MailMaxSE.
(3) "mysql" directory. This contains the mysql system database. To restore, copy this directory and subdirectories to C:\mysql\data\.
(4) There is no fixed storage location as IIS internally manages the storage space. You will see all the backup copies of metabase in ISM with name format EnsimMetaBack- eg. EnsimMetaBack-6-13-2002. You can use ISM to restore these.
There are no scripts which will do the complete restore of all 4 items. Every restore step is manual. Also please note that IIS metabase is machine specific, and cannot be moved from one machine to another.