MPS engine allocates too much memory and needs a restart periodically. The restarts may be done automatically.
There is a way to configure MPS engine performing automatic restart on various conditions - for example on memory usage.
Use the steps below to set a memory limit for the MPS engine:
1. Log on to MPS server.
2. Click Start > Run > dcomcnfg
3. Navigate to Component Services > Computers > My Computer > COM+ Applications in the left panel.
4. On context menu of 'Provisioning Engine' select the Properties and go to the Pooling and Recycling tab.
5. Enter sane memory limit (depending on your hardware configuration, 768mb or 512mb is fine).
6. Restart the Engine as described in http://kb.swsoft.com/en/1851.