How to change hosting type of a webspace from Apache to IIS (or from IIS to Apache) without webspace recreation?
The scenario below describes how to change Apache hosting to IIS (and vice versa):
Note: the solution below works only since Plesk Automation 11.5 update 12. It is impossible to provision additional hosting resource prior to PA 11.5 update 12.
- Manually back up the website content.
- Create a copy of the source service template, remove Apache webspace from it.
- Change the service template of the subscription to this one - a hosting resource will be unprovisioned. The website content will be removed.
- Create a copy of the target service, set limits for the resources Webspace, Subscription, Mail, DNS to 1.
- Switch the subscription to this service template - IIS hosting will be provisioned.
- Switch to the target service template.
- Restore the website on the IIS node from the backup.
Note: Changing of hosting type from IIS to Apache can be done the same way, just replace Apache webspace with IIS webspace on step 2 and IIS with Apache on steps 5 and 7.