Provider executes Revenue Recognition report. The report includes Order which has an order details line of type Refund Adjustment.
Report Total value seems not take into account refund adjustment value.
The behavior is by design for the Subscription Cancellation Orders with "No Refund" option set.
The situation can be explained in the following way:
Cancellation Order has 3 order lines: - Initial Invoice line propagated to ExpDate and started on Service Creation date. - Refund line propagated to ExpDate and started from date of Cancellation. - Refund Adjustment line with duration 0 and started from the date of cancellation.
The reason for generating 3 lines:
- Months before the cancellation will recognize per-month payments for the initial purchase.
- Months after the cancellation one will not recognize anything at all as we do not provide anything already.
- Month of cancellation will recognize all the sum of possible refund (rest of the money from initial purchase) as:
- BA will not return money here
- BA should not provide anything anymore
To summarise, by Canceling subscription with no refund BA recognizes all the non-recognize sum for the subscription.