Full release notes can be downloaded here.
Dependencies and Pre-Requisites
- The Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Hosting Pack Integration 4.4 application package requires POA 5.5.7 (or higher).
- Lync Server 2013 CU3
Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Hosting Pack Integration 4.4
The following new features are introduced with the Integration version 4.4:
- The Lync Extensions Configuration functionality allows a Subscriber to manage the Lync extension numbers, which are internal short numbers the Subscriber can assign to its users to facilitate internal communication.
- The User Photo Management functionality allows a Subscriber to add user photos to its user profiles, change or delete the photos.
APSA-8239 "assign-number" api method should check resource status and return the meaningful exception
APSA-7977 3 second lag after clicking the External Communications switcher
APSA-7777 File uploading for Lync with size more than 3 MB doesn't work
Contact your Parallels Support account manager to obtain the new versions of the Microsoft Lync Hosting Pack Application Package and Application Endpoint ZIP file.
Modifying Endpoint site to accept client certificates:
- At the Lync Endpoint Host server go to IIS manager and select the Endpoint web site.
- Open the SSL settings menu, check in the Require SSL checkbox and select Accept in Client certificates.
- Click Apply.
Adding controller certificates to the Endpoint host:
- Log in to the Management Node and open the directory
is the location of the installed POA software, "
/usr/local/pem/" by default.
- Copy the certificate file
- Go to the Lync Endpoint host and open the directory
- Paste the certificate file
controller.pemto this directory.
- Rename the file
Instance_IDis the identifier (GUID) of the Lync Application Instance. You can get the Instance_ID from file name of the application instance certificate located in the same directory.
- Import the copy of the controller certificate to the Local Machine Trusted Root Store (Console Root > Certificates (Local Computer) > Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates).
Allowing serverRuntime section:
- Run command “
appcmd.exe add backup <backup_name>” from directory “
%WINDIR%\System32\inetsrv” to create a backup.
- Run command “
appcmd.exe unlock config /section:system.webServer/serverRuntime” from the same folder to allow serverRuntime section.
Upgrading Lync Endpoint host:
- At the Lync Endpoint Host server, open the directory where the Lync ProvisioningEndPoint files were copied.
Delete all files from the
web.configfile and write down the values of ProviderApiUrl and APSControllerUri parameters.
- Copy and replace all files in the target directory.
web.configfile and restore values of ProviderApiUrl and APSControllerUri.
- Restart Lync Endpoint host.
Upgrading Lync Application Instance:
- Import the new version of the Lync package in POA (Services > Applications > Import Package).
- Open Microsoft Lync Hosting Pack v2 and click Upgrade Instances.
- Select Upgrade all instances and click Next.
- Click Finish and wait till the upgrade task is completed.
To install the Microsoft Lync Hosting Pack Application, use the instructions provided in the PA Lync Server 2013 Hosting Pack Integration Deployment Guide and PA Lync Server 2013 Hosting Pack Integration Provider's Guide.
PA Lync Server 2013 Hosting Pack Integration Guides are available here: