You see errors like "Billing is not available" in PPA Provider Control Panel or you see errors like "POA is not available" in PPA Billing Provider Control Panel. At the same time all installation tasks are completed successfully.
Integration between PPA and PPA Billing is broken. It may be an issue with network, an isue with API authorization or simply a misconfiguration of one product.
Typically the message you see contains the reasons - please try to check and fix them.
After that run 'repair' utility with the parameters described below. This utility can be found on PPA Management Node.
- --repair - to initiate repair activities
- --mn.frontnet.ip - pass here frontnet (public) IP address of PPA Management node
- --billing.frontnet.ip - pass here frontnet (public) IP address of PPA Billing node
- --billing.ssh.login - pass here SSH login to connect to PPA Billing node
- --billing.ssh.password - pass here SSH password
- --admin.login - pass here username you use to log in to PPA. Typically it will be 'admin'.
- --admin.password - pass here password you use to log in to PPA
- --billing.backnet.ip - if your servers are behind the NAT and they have two network interfaces - public and private (for communications between service nodes) you need to pass here backnet (communication) IP of PPA Billing node
- --mn.backnet.ip - if your servers are behind the NAT and they have two network interfaces - public and private (for communications between service nodes) you need to pass here backnet (communication) IP of PPA Management node
If you run this utility without option --repair, utility will simply check that input parameters are correct - that PPA and PPA Billing nodes are accessible by provided IP addresses, that usernames and passwords are correct, etc.
If you run utility with option --repair, utility will actually try to fix the integration between components.