As a Provider, I want to modify a phrase that appears in the Parallels Operations Automation (POA) Control Panel (CP).
- In the POA Provider CP, go to System Director > Configuration Manager > Internationalization & Localization.
- Choose the locale you would like to modify.
- Switch to the Source Locale Files tab.
- Locate the XML file that contains the phrase you would like to modify and download it on the local machine.
Locate the required phrase and its keyword in the downloaded XML file. For example:
<?xml version="1.0"?> <locale code="en_US"> <section> <name>PACI-PanelBundle.properties</name> <data> ... <entry> <keyword>ADD_NEW_C2USRV.CAPTION</keyword> <phrase>New Server</phrase> </entry> ... </data> </section> </locale>
Create a new XML file that will only contain the keyword and modified phrase. For example:
<?xml version="1.0"?> <locale code="en_US"> <section> <name>PACI-PanelBundle.properties</name> <data> <entry> <keyword>ADD_NEW_C2USRV.CAPTION</keyword> <phrase>Create new server</phrase> </entry> </data> </section> </locale>
- Save the XML file with the customized phrase and upload it at the Customized Locale Files tab in the POA Provider CP.
- Clear the browser's cache, re-log into the Control Panel, and check that the new phrase appears.
- There is no need to include any non-customized phrases in the customized XML files. Instead, just leave the keywords and phrases of the strings you want to customize.
- If you are customizing POA 5.4 or an earlier version, use UTF-8 XML files without BOM (byte order mark) characters.
- The locale files are represented by XML files located in
/usr/local/pem/ui/pem/resources/<locale>/lpon POA UI server. The customizations are located in
How to find the name of the "keyword" that should be translated if you do not know it:
For example, you want to translate the phrase "Create domain and create web hosting on it to be able to install application", but do not know which keyword corresponds to this phrase, or in which localization file and section it is defined:
To find this information:
- Log into the POA user interface (UI) server using SSH
Execute the following commands:
# cd /usr/local/pem/ui/pem/resources/en_US/lp/ # grep -i -A1 "Create domain and create web hosting on it to be able to install application" ./*.xml ./Web.xml- <keyword>WA_WIZARD.NO_DSS.DESCRIPTION</keyword> ./Web.xml: <phrase>Create domain and create web hosting on it to be able to install application</phrase>
The keyword you need to translate is WA_WIZARD.NO_DSS.DESCRIPTION.