A customer cannot delete storage for their qmail mailbox in POA Customer Control Panel because the 'Delete' button is grayed out:
Qmail mailbox can function in one of 3 modes:
- Storage only, no forwarding - all incoming email is saved in the mailbox folder.
- Storage and forwarding - all incoming email is saved in the mailbox folder and is forwarded to addresses configured in forwarding list.
- Forwarding only - all incoming email is forwarded to addresses configured in forwarding list, mailbox has no own storage.
If one disables forwarding and removes storage it will create situation when it is not clear what to do with incoming email, so POA prevents such configuration by disabling the 'Delete' button on storage management screen.
It is necessary to enable forwarding on the qmail mailbox before removing storage or remove the mailbox itself (not only storage) if it is not needed anymore.
Follow the steps below to enable forwarding for a qmail mailbox in POA Customer Control Panel:
- Click on the required mailbox
- Switch to the Forwarding > Forward List tab
- Add at least one email address and save changes
- Switch to the Forwarding > General tab and verify that forwarding is enabled
After forwarding is enabled for a mailbox it will be possible to remove its storage.