Provider needs to get access to logs of FTP service on POA-managed hosting server:
- to investigate a customer's problem with FTP service
- to generate and process statistics of FTP service
Standard Linux Shared Hosting
The location of the ProFTPD logfile is defined in the configuration file /usr/local/etc/proftpd_vhost_confs_pem/ID, where ID is the internal ID of ProFTPD virtual host in POA database.
The default location of the ProFTPD logfile is:
- non-SSL log: /usr/local/pem/ftp/ftp_log/ID/xferlog
- SSL/TLS log: /usr/local/pem/ftp/ftp_log/ID/tls.log
Linux Shared Hosting NG
The location of the system ProFTPD logfile is defined by the SystemLog parameter in the configuration file /etc/proftpd.conf, the default location is /var/log/h2e-ftp/errors.
Log files of customers' FTP services are located in their webspaces in the /var/www/vhosts/NFS_VOL_ID/webspace_id/log/xferlog file
- NFS_VOL_ID is the ID of the NFS volume mounted on web servers in cluster, it is displayed in the web cluster properties in POA Provider Control Panel at Deployment Director > Server Manager > Web Clusters > click on cluster > General tab > NFS Volumes section:
- webspace_id is the ID of a customer's webspace
Windows Shared Hosting
Log of IIS FTP site is located in the CUSTOMERDATA\FTPServer\logs\FTPSVC_ID folder
- CUSTOMERDATA is the root folder of customers' data on a Windows hosting server, the default value is C:\CustomerData. The actual value may be seen in the properties of the msiis/msiis7 POA package installed on a server:
- FTPSVC_ID is the ID of the IIS FTP site 'PEM FTP Server for Shared Hosting', it is displayed in the list of sites in IIS Manager.