A customer has subscription with POA-managed Hosted Exchange services. A customer added a domain in their account in POA Control Panel and provided Hosted Exchange mail service on it.
Provider enabled the 'Allow management of domain configuration' parameter in Hosted Exchange Manager, this means that customer may change Exchange domain configuration (e.g. accepted domain type) for own domains:
When customer changes the 'Accepted Domain Type' parameter for a domain with Exchange service from 'Authoritative Domain' to 'Internal Relay Domain' or vice versa nothing happens:
- No tasks are being created in POA Task Manager
- No actual changes are being performed on Exchange servers
The domain in question has not 'Ready' registrar status in POA.
If you are sure that domain really belongs in registrar to the customer account owning the domain in POA, then change registrar status of the domain to 'Ready':
- Log into POA Provider Control Panel
- Go to Operations Director > DNS Manager > Domains
- Find the needed domain and click on it
- Click Edit
- Set the 'Registrar Status' parameter to Ready
- Click Submit
After that set the desired accepted domain type in Customer Control Panel once again and check that POA generated and processed tasks 'Unregister accepted domains' and 'Unregister accepted domains' for the proper domain.