The task 'Drop database user' fails in POA with the error message "USER is not a valid login or you do not have permission".
More detailed diagnostics is provided in the example below:
Task name Drop database user u86_test on host 10.39.84.67
Last execution output:
Destination host 'mps.hosting.local' (#66), IP '10.39.94.65' : Provisioning request failed.
IDispatch error #3092 [<response>
<errorContext description="'u86_dbuser' is not a valid login or you do not have permission."
code="0x80040e14" executeSeqNo="3"><errorSource namespace="SQL Provider" procedure="ExecSQL"/>
Most likely the SQL login for the user mentioned in the failed task was manually deleted or renamed directly on MS SQL server.
Follow the steps below to resolve the problem.
- Log into the MS SQL server where database in question is located, IP address and/or hostname of the server may be found in the name of the failed task in POA Task Manager.
- Connect to MS SQL server using e.g. Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Open Security > Logins in the left navigation panel.
- Check if the SQL login for the user mentioned in the failed task does exist.
- If the SQL login does not exist - create it.
- Process the failed task in POA.