As the Mac market continues to evolve and grow, Apple has moved away from using the Xserve platform as its main server solution. In addition, significant updates to Mac OS X each year make it difficult and costly to maintain a Parallels Server code base that is different from our Desktop for Mac product.
We are ending support for our Parallels Server product line and are investigating a future new server product line based on the Parallels Desktop for Mac code base. When information on this is available, it will be added to our website.
Effective immediately, you will no longer be able to purchase new licenses for or renew maintenance or support agreements on the following products:
- Parallels Server for Mac 4.0
- Parallels Server for Mac 4.0, Mac mini Edition
- Parallels Server for Mac 4.0 Bare Metal Edition
What does it mean for you?
- Odin will no longer release patches or updates for these products.
- Odin Support will not be able to escalate the requests to the development team for patches/fixes which are not covered in the existing version/build of the product.
- If you have a personal Support Plan, please contact your Odin sales representative or one of the Odin offices.