Release NotesFull release notes can be downloaded here.
Dependencies and Pre-RequisitesThe Microsoft Lync 2010 and Lync Phone Numbers Application Packages require Parallels Operation Automation (POA) 5.4.4 or a later version.
Support of Voice Policies
Starting from Lync integration 2.0, voice policies are supported. A provider can configure Lync user profiles to have different abilities with regard to call directions. For example, for a basic user profile only local calls can be allowed, while advanced users may call internationally.
The following behaviour is implemented:
- A voice policy is bound to a user profile that is applied to a Lync user.
- When customer changes a user profile for a Lync user, the voice policy changes to the new one bound to a new user profile.
- Lync users can place outbound calls only in the directions that are allowed by the voice policy bound to the assigned user profile.
- Controls related to voice policies are displayed only for user profiles and users that are enabled for Enterprise Voice.
Support of June 2012 Cumulative Updates for Lync Server 2010
Since POA 5.4.4 June 2012 Cumulative Updates for Lync Server 2010 is supported. For more information on update, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2493736.
APS-8009 Impossible to edit Lync phone numbers range except for its name
APS-6831 Cannot edit assignment of phone number - no editable fields
ObtainingTo obtain the new version of Microsoft Lync 2010 and Lync Phone Numbers Application Packages, contact your Parallels representative.
InstallationTo install the Microsoft Lync 2010 Application, use the instructions provided in the PA Lync Server 2010 Integration Deployment Guide and PA Lync Server 2010 Integration Provider's Guide.
Upgrade ProcedureWe strongly recommend that all providers and resellers perform the bulk upgrade of both Application Packages for all their customers with Lync Server 2010 integration from version 1.2 to the latest 2.0 version. If you are not going to upgrade the Lync subscribers right after importing the packages, make sure they are disabled for the customers' installation.
To upgrade the Microsoft Lync 2010 Application, perform the following steps:
- Import the Microsoft Lync 2010 and Lync Phone Numbers Application Packages to POA. See POA Provider's Guide >> Application Hosting > Managing Applications > Importing Application for details.
- Upgrade existing Microsoft Lync 2010 and Lync Phone Numbers Application instances. See POA Provider's Guide >> Application Hosting > Bulk Application Upgrades for details.
Important: The POA XML-RPC Access Point parameter for 'Phone Number Provider' Resource Type initially appears in Lync Integration 2.0. If you have instances of ''Phone Number' Application in the system of older version, you should manually provide the POA XML-RPC Access Point information into the Activation Parameters of 'Phone Number Provider' Resource Type after upgrade to 2.0. Refer to Lync Server Integration 2.0 Provider's guide for details.
All Lync Server 2010 Integration Release Notes