SymptomsOutdated system packages.
ResolutionInstall Parallels H-sphere 3.4.1 SPU 55 to update third-party packages to the following versions:
- ClamAV to 0.97.6.
- BIND to 9.6-ESV-R7-P3.
- phpMyAdmin to 22.214.171.124.
- phpPgAdmin to 4.2.3.
- JDK for Linux to 1.6 Update 35.
- mod_security to 2.6.7.
- Control Panel Apache to 2.2.22.
- ProFTPd to 1.3.4a.
- Horde to 3.3.13.
- IMP to h3-4.3.11.
Parallels H-Sphere 3.4.1 SPU 55 provides the following improvements:
- Package versions in Control Panel are now checked against last used kind of package list (release or SPU) for the particular box, meaning you should not see false "package ... is version ahead" warnings in the interface when the particular box has SPU installed.
- "private" parameter naming changed to "spu" in the CLI utilities to avoid confusion. "private" parameter will be deprecated in the one of the upcoming releases, but will be left for compatibility.
- fixed STARTTLS plaintext command injection vulnerability for IMAP and SMTP protocols; for POP please refer to https://kb.odin.com/en/114581.
SPU notes· IP address of the public download server will be changed from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 in the near future, and these addresses are both operational at the moment. Starting from Parallels H-Sphere 3.4.1 SPU 55 release "download.hsphere.parallels.com" should be used for all download server references
Installation instructionsUse the instructions below to perform update.
Upgrading Parallels H-Sphere Control Panel and *nix ServersTo upgrade Parallels H-Sphere on Unix:
1. Download Parallels H-Sphere 3.4.1 SPU 55 Installation/Update script available at http://download.hsphere.parallels.com/shiv/HS/releases/U34.0/U34.0P1/U34.0P1.spu.
2. Update the control panel:
sh U34.0P1.spu cpupdate spu
# sh U34.0P1.spu hspackages spu ips=<IP of the Control Panel box>
# sh U34.0P1.spu cpupdate spu
# sh U34.0P1.spu hspackages spu ips=192.0.2.1
3. (SiteStudio users) Update the SiteStudio:
# sh U34.0P1.spu sitestudio spu
4. Update the physical servers:
· You can do it using the script:
# sh U34.0P1.spu hspackages spu [ips=<list of selected physical servers>]
ips parameter value should be a comma-separated list of physical servers’ IP addresses; you may specify it if you want to update servers bunch by bunch; and if you want to update all installation at once - just omit this parameter. Additional information about installation/update script you
can read in Parallels H-Sphere 3.4.1Upgrade Guide
# sh U34.0P1.spu hspackages spu ips=192.0.2.10,192.0.2.12
· or through the control panel:
· Log in as admin at http://SERVICE IP:8080
· In E.Manager > Update > Physical Server Profiles define the Unix physical server profile with "update to the latest SPU release(-P)" checked. Assign this profile to all Unix physical servers.
· In E.Manager > Update > Update Boxes, select the [Unix] physical servers to update, and click Start Update.