SymptomsPOA cannot create subscription with BackupAgent APS application, corresponding configuration script task fails with error message Failed to create BA group pricealert like shown below:
'Failed to create BA group pricealert for subscription 1000174: Server was unable to process request.
---> BAWS016006 :: Failure creating group. Error: The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_ResellerConfig_Owner".
The conflict occurred in database "BackupAgentServices", table "dbo.Owner", column 'ID'. The statement has been terminated.'
CauseThe parameter BA Storage ID is set to the wrong value in activation parameters of POA resource type of the BackupAgent APS application, it contains wrong ID of BackupAgent Storage.
ResolutionFind the correct BackupAgent Storage ID and set it in POA resource type:
- Log into the BackupAgent Management Console, use instructions in the KB article #9549
- Go to Server Settings > Storage Locations
- Find correct ID of BackupAgent storage location
- Log into POA Provider Control Panel
- Go to Service Director > Application Manager > Applications
- Click on the BackupAgent application
- Switch to the Resource Types tab
- Click on the resource type based on resource class Application
- Switch to the Activation Parameters > Global Settings tab
- Enter the correct value for the parameter BA Storage ID found in the BackupAgent Management Console