SymptomsProvider cannot remove Resource Type in POA, the following error is displayed:
PBA reported error while trying to remove resource type. Error: -1, 'Access denied. '.
The problem appears only in the following case:
- Provider is trying to remove Resource Types which are not included into any Service Template in POA
- POA is integrated with PBA (as it may be seen from the error message it is PBA who throws error)
CauseThe Resource Type is absent n PBA.
POA synchronizes with PBA only those Resource Types (RT) which are added into some Service Template when Service Template is being created/updated.
Resource Types which are not included into any Service Template are unknown for PBA, however when RT is being deleted POA is still trying to call PBA API method ResourceRemove_API to remove the resource from PBA. PBA mistakenly throws error on POA request to remove absent Resource Type.
ResolutionUpgrade to PA 5.4, the problem is solved in this version.
If upgrade to PA 5.4 cannot be performed immediately apply workaround:
- Create a temporary Service Template in POA
- Add problem Resource Types to the Service Template to propagate them to PBA
- Delete temporary Service Template in POA
- Delete Resource Types in POA