New Features / Changes
PBA-38382 The Search bar has been improved:
1) The Search and Actions toolbars were separated to make the Search toolbar more visible.
2) An empty toolbar is not shown if there are no actions.
3) The small "show/hide" search icon on the right has been replaced with "Show/Hide Search" links under the Search bar.
Note: The Search bar is hidden in the CP if the list has fewer than 10 items. The toolbar is still visible.
PBA-38935 The left menu in the Provider & Reseller CP has been updated:
1) Icons have been added back (as they were in PBA 5.1).
2) Tree elements with clickable sub-items (like "Account Manager") in the POA menu will be changed accordingly with POA 5.4.2.
Problem: In some cases, Parallels Business Automation (PBA) would fail to synchronize the Parallels Plesk Panel (PP) license because Key Administer (KA) had replaced the features for that license.
Fix: The features replaced by Key Administrator with free ones are now automatically removed from subscriptions/licenses on the PBA side as well.
Problem: The license would hang in the "Installing" status.
Fix: License installation now fails when an error occurs during the procedure, instead of falling into permanent "Installing" status.
Problem: KAGATE would hide transport error messages during license provisioning.
Fix: Information on errors that may appear during license provisioning is now available within an order item's comment.
Problem: No warning message was shown when the provider removed a resource from a plan if the resource was used in the subscriptions of resellers' customers.
Fix: If the provider deletes a resource rate from a plan which has been delegated, a confirmation of the operation is now requested.
Problem: There was no ability to use numbers with fractions, e.g., 0.25 GB, as the "New Limit" in the Upgrade Wizard, even if the current limits on the subscription already had a fractional amount. Since PBA checks all resources when running the Upgrade Wizard, this created problems even if the customer did not want to change the resource with the fractional amount.
1) Upgrade Wizard now allows a fractional resource amount for the New Limit if the current limit is already a fraction. But a customer may only order an additional full integer amount (e.g., Included value = 0.25 GB => customer may set New Limit to 1.25 or 2.25, etc.).
2) PBA will not round down amounts anymore, so if the current limit is 0.25, then the default new value in the Upgrade Wizard is set to 0.25 as well, instead of 0. And if the customer does not change it, PBA will not try to downgrade the resource.
3) When a customer manually enters a new limit, PBA will automatically round the value to a full integer as the delta between the current limit and the new limit.
4) Scroll behavior has been changed so that when a customer tries to scroll down the resource upgrade page, it will not change New Limit values.
Problem: For PBA 5.4 with v1 skins "Resource" categories, the Resource Upgrade Wizard had no visualizations for old skins; they all looked like regular resources. However, visualizations worked for v2 and v3 skins.
Fix: Resource categories have clear visualizations now.
Problem: PBA did not detect skin versions correctly; this resulted in the appearance of buttons and screens with the legacy design when switching between POA and PBA.
Fix: PBA detects skin versions correctly now.
Problem: "More" links in CCP looked very plain when using v1 or v2 skins compared to v3.
Fix: "More" has been changed to "More >>" for v1 and v3 skins.
Problem: Verisign standalone refunds didn't work anymore due to changes in PBA 5.4.
Fix: Standalone refunds are processed correctly now.
Problem: The WEBNIC password policy was changed.
Fix: The password generation procedure has been changed in the plugin to conform to the registrar's requirements.
Problem: On service plan delegation, "Sales" categories were synchronized even if the "Update Sales Categories and Plan Categories" box was unchecked.
Fix: The behavior of the "Delegate new Plans and Plan Periods" option during Reseller Service Plan synchronization has been fixed. This option will not remove any previously delegated Sales Plans from delegated to Reseller Sales Categories.
Problem: There was no ability to delete and then re-attach an end-customer-specific privilege to the customer's Full Access Role as a Provider staff member through the Provider Control Panel. The operation failed with "Access is denied."
Fix: The Provider can now re-attach any customer privilege to end-customers.
Problem: The description of measuring units was not clear.
Fix: The measuring units description and examples have been updated in the Provider's Guide.
Problem: The Tax Category definition was incomplete in the Provider's Guide.
Fix: The definition and descriptions have been updated in the Provider's Guide.
Note: Use the installation files listed below instead of the ones given in the "Downloading and Copying Installation Files" section of the corresponding guide.
RHEL4/Centos4 – 32-bit
RHEL6/Centos6 – 64-bit
Windows 2008 – 64-bit
Windows 2003 – 32-bit
- PBA will require a restart during the update.
- During the upgrade, all PBA RPMs will be upgraded to newer versions. If a backup is made with a server/VPS restart, then the private key for credit card encryption needs to be reloaded.
- Additional documentation can be found here: http://download.pa.parallels.com/pba/5.4/.