Check Parallels Virtuozzo Containers serversNote: The terms VPS and Container are used interchangeably and refer to the same component.
Parallels Virtuozzo Containers (PVC) Node LicensesCheck status of licenses installed on PVC servers in POA Provider Control PAnel at Top > Service Director > Virtuozzo Manager > VPS Hardware Nodes, the licenses must be active.
Make sure to have PVC hardware nodes configured to update licenses automatically. For instructions and details refer to the following Parallels Knowledgebase articles:
- How do I check / install a Parallels Virtuozzo Containers license?
- Which ports should be opened on Virtuozzo hardware node and Service Container?
- Parallels Virtuozzo Containers license parameters
- How to look up Virtuozzo Key Number
Check status of last operation with VPS in POA Provider Control Panel at Top > Service Director > Virtuozzo Manager > VPSs.
VPSs and Last Operations on Them
Hosting services (like databases, webmail, antivirus or spam protection) in VPSs require containers to stay active, while automatic provisioning of new customer subscriptions depends on the VPS being both active and ready to provide services. For more information, see the POA Provider Guide, chapter Understanding POA Concepts, section Understanding Provisioning Concept.
At the VPS screen, you may monitor their statuses and check if the VPS is ready for provisioning.
If you see a VPS with Last operation status Failed:
- Click on the VPS name
- On the Summary tab, you will find the ID of the failed task
- Click the task ID link to see a description of the failed operation
- Fix the problem mentioned in the failed task properties and re-run the task
The list of installed PVC OS and application templates may be found in POA Provider Control Panel:
OS and Applications Templates, Templates Updates
- Top > Service Director > Virtuozzo Manager > OS Templates
- Top > Service Director > Virtuozzo Manager > Application Templates
- Keep templates in the repository ready and synchronized with PVC hardware nodes
- Regularly update the repository with the newest templates to meet customer demands for the latest applications versions
Migration TasksMonitor uncompleted VPS migration tasks at Top > Service Director > Virtuozzo Manager > Migration Tasks.
To improve performance of the VPS server or for maintenance purposes, you may want to move existing containers to another hardware node. At the mentioned above Migration Tasks page, you can watch the progress (Scheduled Tasks) or revise the results of completed migrations (Tasks Execution Log).
To start VPS migration POA creates separate task in Task Manager with name 'Migrate VPS', you may monitor and troubleshoot VPS migration issues in Task Manager as well as in Virtuozzo Manager.