Check DNS service
DomainsCheck status of hosted domains in POA Provider Control Panel at Top > Operations Director > DNS Manager > Domains.
Domains with the status Failed and Gone require attention, as well as those that stay in the Ordering, Transferring, and Undefined status for too long period of time (depending on registrar ordering and transferring process it may take up to 10-15 days to register/transfer domain).
If you find a domain in a non-ready state:
- Write down domain name and switch to Parallels Business Automation (PBA-E) Control Panel.
- Go to Top > External Systems Director > Domain Manager > Domains and find the domain.
- Copy the corresponding Subscription ID and find subscription under Top > Operation Director > Support Manager > Subscriptions.
- Check the tab Service Status History in subscription properties and log of the Sales Order which created the subscription to see at which stage the domain registration/transfer stuck.
- Use the WHOIS tools or contact registrar to find out if the domain was registered/transferred actually.
- Try resubmitting the failed order for provisioning in PBA-E.
Reverse ZonesCheck status of reverse zones hosted in POA at Top > Operations Director > DNS Manager > Reverse DNS Zones.
Ideally, all zones should be kept in sync. DNS zones not in sync may have issues with name servers.
If you see reverse DNS zone being not is sync:
- Click on the zone notation and switch to the Zone Info tab to see to which name server it belongs.
- Go to Top > System Director > Task Manager and search for a failed task with a name like 'Update named <nameserver name>'.
- The task output may give you useful information what went wrong on name server.
- When the problem is fixed on the name server side, re-run the failed task.