SymptomsThe Hosted PBX provisioning task for the "primary_endpoint" or "user_shared_call_appearance_ep" service fails with the error message "Device ‘<Name>' is not supported."
CauseThe wrong BroadWorks phone device type is configured in the Parallels Operations Automation (POA) Hosted PBX resource.
ResolutionCheck the name of the BroadWorks device type and adjust, if necessary:
- Log in to the POA Provider Control Panel.
- Go to Top > Service Director > Application Manager > Applications > Hosted BroadWorks > Resource Types tab.
- Click on the resource type based on the resource class Application Service, Service = Phone.
- Switch to the tab Activation Parameters.
- Put the correct value in the field Type Name, e.g., Polycom SoundPoint IP 550.
The activation parameter Type Name of the corresponding resource type of the Phone application service should contain the name of a device type which is supported by the Device Provisioning Web-Service.
You can see the supported IP phone device types on the Web-based Management Service host in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Hosted BroadWorks Web\Internal\Web.config file.