Additional informationThis article provides the instruction how to recover cancelled Office 365 Application Services.
Important: This article is applied to: POA 5.3 and later; PA Office 365 Integration v3.0 and later;
There are the following initial conditions:
- There is an Office 365 Subscription.
- In the Office 365 Subscription, the Office 365 Application is provisioned.
- In the Office 365 Subscription, Service Users are created. Office 365 Application Services are assigned to the Service Users.
Then, the Office 365 Application Service limits are set to 0 in the Office 365 Subscription. In this case POA automatically revokes the Office 365 Application Services from the Service Users. In the Office 365 cloud, the appropriate user accounts are inactivated.
If you need to recovery the cancelled Office 365 Application Services, perform the following actions:
1. Return the original values of the Office 365 Application Service limits for the required Office 365 Subscription. Wait until Application configuration tasks are processed.
2. Obtain the Administration Center User Name and Administration Center User Activation Password from POA CCP.
3. Log in to the Microsoft Online Services portal.
4. In the Microsoft Online Services portal, go to the list of deleted users.
5. In the Microsoft Online Services portal, for each deleted user, obtain and write down its licenses.
6. In the Microsoft Online Services portal, restore the deleted users.
7. Log on to POA CCP and select the Office 365 Subscription.
8. Using the information obtained at step 5, assign the Office 365 Application Services to the appropriate Service Users.
You may also use Windows PowerShell cmdlets to restore the deleted users in the Office 365 cloud:
1. Prepare the Windows-based host, that meets the following requirements:
- There is the access to the Internet.
- The Office 365 cmdlets are installed (see http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/hh124998.aspx for details).
2. Execute $c = Get-Credential
3. Enter the Administration Center User Name and Administration Center User Activation Password.
4. Execute Connect-MsolService –Credential $c
5. Execute Get-MsolUser -ReturnDeletedUsers
6. Restore users by executing Restore-MsolUser
See also: APS-7859