A customer cannot add service user to their subscription with Office 365 services in POA Customer Control Panel.
Corresponding task in POA fails with error message like this:
Application configuration script reported errors: '<?xml version="1.0"?>
<error id="validation-error" setting-id="Configuration">
<message>Method add_user calling failed. Reason:The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason.</message>
The possible reason is that customer tries to set too weak password for the new user and Microsoft does not allow to set such password.
According to MOSI SDK passwords must contain at least seven characters and include a combination of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, and numbers or non-alphanumeric characters. Also, the user cannot repeat any of the previous 24 passwords.
Follow the steps below to solve the problem.
- Set password policy to medium-high level in POA, in this case POA will require that password satisfy the following conditions:
The minimum length for password is 7 characters of different types (uppercase and lowercase letters, numerics, special characters). If there are only three different types of characters, minimum length is 8.If password is word-based, or there are less than three different types of characters, minimum length is 10. If there are no different character types in password, minimal length is 12. There should be enough different characters in password, number depends on password class (more for word-based password or password with few different character types).
- Cancel failing task (in this very case it is safe because user was not created in Microsoft Office 365 Cloud).
- Remove Office 365 service from the user in POA Customer Control Panel at Hosting > Configuration & Administration > Service Users > select user > Microsoft Office 365 tab.
- Set more strong password for service user.
- Add Office 365 service to the user once again.