SymptomsCustomer cannot change user password in PBA-E Control Panel, the following error is shown:
User # is not registered
In PBA-E log PEMGATE.log we can see exception in the method UpdateAccountMemberPasswordToPEM with the same error message.
CauseIf PBA-E is integrated with POA then changing user password in one system leads to changing user password in another system so that both POA and PBA-E have the same passwords for users.
During user password change PBA-E triggers event User Password Changed which has handler UpdateAccountMemberPasswordToPEM which is going to update user password in POA.
In case handler UpdateAccountMemberPasswordToPEM has invalid signature it will fail to update user password in POA. E.g. if signature of the event handler UpdateAccountMemberPasswordToPEM is empty the error message provided above will appear during user password change in PBA-E Control Panel.
ResolutionProvider has to check and correct signature of the event handler UpdateAccountMemberPasswordToPEM:
- Log into PBA-E Provider Control Panel
- Go to Top Configuration Director > Event Manager Settings > Event Types
- Click on the event User Password Changed
- Switch to the tab Event Handlers
- Click on the handler UpdateAccountMemberPasswordToPEM
- Check the value in the field Signature and correct it if needed, it has to be set to integer UsersID