In order to create a hosting plan for a VE with Plesk, you may do the following:
1. Configure the general hosting plan. Go to Top > Business Director > Billing Manager > Hosting Plans; click the New Hosting Plan button; select the Virtuozzo VE hosting plan type; click Next; and configure the general hosting plan settings, OS template, and billable resources as described in HSPcomplete Provider's Guide.
2. Configure non-billable resources.
Plesk imposes a set of requirements on Virtuozzo System Resource limits, which are listed in the sample VE configuration file named ve-vps.plesk7.rh9.conf-sample. It is located in the /etc/sysconfig/vz-scripts directory on any Virtuozzo Hardware Node.
At this step, you can specify the non-billable resources in accordance with the values from that sample configuration file.
Here is an example of a non-billable resource configuration suitable for a VE with Plesk:
|Size of unswappable kernel memory (kmemsize)||17600 KB|
|Unswappable user pages (lockedpages)||4096 pages|
|Memory allocation guaranteed (vmguarpages)||32768 pages|
|Total size of SysV IPC shared memory (shmpages)||131072 pages|
|Total size of private pages (privvmpages)||262144 pages|
|Number of processes (numproc)||400|
|Total number of physical memory pages (physpages)||0 pages|
|Guaranteed allocating address space (oomguarpages)||32768 pages|
|Number of open files (numfile)||8192|
|Number of TCP/IP sockets (numtcpsock)||500|
|Number of file locks (numflock)||220|
|Number of pseudo-terminals (numpty)||64|
|Number of siginfo structures (numsiginfo)||1024|
|Total size of TCP send buffers (tcpsndbuf)||10240 KB|
|Total size of TCP receive buffers (tcprcvbuf)||10240 KB|
|Total size of other socket buffers (othersockbuf)||3968 KB|
|Total size of UDP receive buffers (dgramrcvbuf)||256 KB|
|Number of entries in IP tables (numiptent)||128|
|Guaranteed network rate (netrateguar)||0 KBit/sec|
|Disk inode quota (diskinodes)||200000 inodes|
|Size of busy dentry/inode cache (dcachesize)||2048 KB|
|Limit of user quotas (quotaugidlimit)||500|
|Number of sockets other than TCP/IP (numothersock)||500|
As soon as non-billable resources are adjusted as shown above, click the Next button.
3. At this step, you may configure DNS settings and select Hardware Nodes where VEes based on this hosting plan should be created. If there are no special requirements, the default settings will be fine.
4. Configure VE applications:
The following application templates should be enabled and marked as "Included":
- Apache mod_perl (mod_perl)
- SSL for Apache (mod_ssl)
- MySQL server (mysql)
- AWstats 6.5 or later (for Plesk Server Administrator 8.x)
- Plesk Server Administrator
Optionally, the following application templates can be enabled:
- Mailman, the GNU Mailing List Manager
- Secure FrontPage Apache Server Extensions (mod_frontpage)
- Plesk Antivirus (plesk-drweb)
- Plesk Backup Utilites (plesk-bu)
- Plesk Migration Manager (plesk-migration) (not applicable for Plesk Server Administrator 8.x)
- Plesk Professional Web Site Editor (plesk-ppwse)
- Plesk Application Vault (plesk-vault)
- Plesk Spamassassin (plesk-spamassassin)
- Plesk Tomcat (plesk-tomcat)
- SSH Term
Please note that you do not need to separately install the applications that are provided by the Plesk application template (for example, the ProFTP server or the UW IMAP and POP3 servers that are included in the Plesk application template) and applications provided in the Plesk Application Vault application template (PostNuke, phpBB, bbclone, phpBook); selecting Plesk and Plesk Application Vault templates will be enough.
Support for Tomcat4 is provided by a separate Plesk Tomcat template (which, in turn, requires the Tomcat application template).
Spamassassin support is provided by a separate Plesk Spamassassin template.
Site Applications are available in a separate Plesk Application Vault template.
Support for migrating accounts from other hosting platforms is provided by a separate Plesk Migration Manager template for Plesk 7.x and is included in the Plesk 8 template.
Backup Utilities are available in a separate Plesk BU template.
Dr.Web Anti-Virus support is provided by a separate Plesk Dr.Web template.
Plesk Professional Web Site Editor is provided by a separate Plesk PPWSE template.
As soon as the Applications configuration is completed, click the "Next" button to finish creating the hosting plan.
You can modify a hosting plan and update all the subscriptions based on it. To do this, go to Top > Business Director > Billing Manager > Hosting Plans > Choose the hosting plan > Click the Subscriptions tab. A list of subscriptions based on the selected hosting plan will be displayed. Click the Upgrade Subscriptions button > Select the subscriptions and go through the upgrade procedure.